Saturday, May 26, 2018

Day 12: Sound of Music Tour

Today went very differently than I thought it was going to, but I had a great time!

Kristoff, the tour guide that led our Salzburg tour a few days ago, led us around Salzburg for our Sound of Music tour. We rode around on our tour bus as Kristoff talked to us on the speaker system, playing songs from the music and giving us historical details about the filming of the movie and the real Von Trapp family. I was relieved to know we weren't going to be walking around in the rain all day!

Our first stop was the sight of the back of the house from the movie. We weren't here long, but we got some cool pictures!

My favorite stop on the tour was the site of the gazebo from the "I am sixteen, going on seventeen" song! 

Later on, we stopped at our last stop: the wedding church from the movie! We had an hour to kill, so right around the corner, several of us stopped at a coffee shop known for its delicious apfel strudel. Yum! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Different than I thought too! But nice views and not a lot of walking! :)

    ReplyDelete