Today was a very productive day! It was mostly devoted to doing some last minute Vienna Things™️ that we had put off until the last minute or just wanted to do again.
Stephansdome
I met a couple of friends at Stephansplatz around 10am where we decided on some coffee (melange, yet again!) from Aida. I should try to count how many times I’ve been to Aida. I probably can’t. Our coffee fueled us for some nearby souvenir shopping until it was time to meet up with the rest of our group for the Stephansdome Spire. Man, I was so dizzy! I knew it was a spiral staircase... but I didn’t realize how tight the spirals were! The view from the top was so worth it!
After looking around for reasonably priced goulash, we finally settled on Aida! For many of us, it was our second time at Aida today. No regrets. I’m glad I got the goulash because it is a must... but I definitely prefer wiener snitzel. Hehe. By the time we finished our lunch, it was time for another crypt tour below Stephansdome. It was so interesting! We actually saw some organized skeletons, a mass grave, and a room of stacked bones. I was nerding out for sure-- trying to think back to Structure and Function I to name some of the features on the bones I saw. What an experience!
Pool Party
The Hutteldorf crew and I all made our way to the girls’s house house where our host moms were having a goodbye for us and the girls from Hope College. Everyone sat out by the pool until our meal, which consisted of lots of traditional Viennese foods.
Picnic at the Danube
I'm so happy 1) that you got to meet Esther, and 2) that you are having so much fun with everyone!
ReplyDelete