Monday, May 28, 2018

Day 14: A Free Day in Munich

Munich is a very interesting city! It was different than Vienna in a lot of ways-- one of the major ones being its size! Traveling seemed a lot more cumbersome than we were all used to. The map was bigger with more stops, and the subways took longer between runs. Traveling by train and on foot seemed to take up a lot of time, which was pretty exhausting, but all in all our weekend trip was worth it! I can say I spent a weekend in Germany-- woo hoo!

My favorite parts of the day were our trips to a local bookstore and a high-quality coffee shop. We found the book store on accident when we were looking (almost aimlessly) for our shop, Man vs. Machine. When we told the owner of the store that we only spoke English, she quickly changed from German to English with no hesitation-- I was impressed! She directed us to the English section of her tiny store (I was surprised it existed!), and after I bought a poetry book in German and another interesting looking book in English, she directed us to our coffee shop.


Man vs. Machine had really delicious coffee, reasonably priced beans that they roast at their shop (I got some!), and cool music playing! The workers were all jamming and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Sierra, Lucas, and I sat outside and I was glad for some leisure time to sip on my coffee and read my new books.

1 comment: