Saturday, May 26, 2018

Day 11: Hallstatt


Day 11: Hallstatt

Today was beautiful! We ate a delicious breakfast in our Salzburg Hotel, Turnerwirt! I had perfect croissants, hazelnut spread, coffee, and some yogurt! I also discovered the deliciousness of nectarines. I will never go back!

After breakfast, we hopped on the bus for our trip to Hallstatt— which took about an hour and a half. It was beautiful!! Our day started off with a tour through the oldest salt mine in Europe! Our tour guide, Peter, led us through to the underground tunnels where we were able to see salt crystals all over the walls, slide down giant wooden slides, and see the oldest staircase in the world! I was overall impressed with the quality of the tour. There were several videos projected onto the walls of the mine, a light show, and detailed historical accounts. Don’t even get me started on Peter…….. He was a beautiful man. That’s all I can say. 

When we finished the tour, we were set loose to find lunch and go souvenir shopping. Yay! I finally found a bear wearing traditional Tracht, and I affectionately named him after Peter. 

Meet Peter Salzbear.















When we got home, we walked to a nearby grocery store, stocked up on some snacks and dinner foods, and had a sandwich party and hung out and played music until bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. Peter....don't even get ME started Hahahaha
    Glad you liked the tour and the place....it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete